- Thank you for using 1LINK APIs, developer services and associated software (collectively, known as "APIs"). By using 1LINK APIs, you agree to the terms as mentioned below. In any event of conflict between the terms and additional terms applicable to a given API, the latter will control for that conflict. Collectively, the terms refer to the terms below, any additional terms, terms within the associated API documentation and any applicable policies and guidelines as the "Terms." You agree to comply with the Terms and that the Terms control your relationship with us. So please go through the Terms carefully.
a-1LINK Developer Portal Access
- To access the Portal, you must have an account and it is 1LINK’s sole discretion, whether to provide you with an Account on the “site”. If we provide you with an account, and (if applicable) you are confirmed by the corporate participant to be an authorized representative of that corporate participant. You will be having a username and password and such other authentication information and / or technology as you may acquire or we may provide you at our sole discretion (together with your “login details”), you must treat such information as confidential in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to keep your user name, password, security questions and answers (if any) and any other security or access information (collectively, "Access Information") confidential and agree not to share and or permit unauthorized users to obtain or use your Access Information.
- You will be responsible for your or anyone else’s access and use of the Portal, including all activities that occur using your login details.
- You will ensure that all information you provide to the 1LINK is complete, accurate, up-to-date, true and not misleading in any way whatsoever.
b-Account and Registration
- Accepting the Terms: You may not use the APIs and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with 1LINK, or (b) you are a person barred from using or receiving the APIs under the applicable laws of the Pakistan or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the APIs.
- Entity Level Acceptance: If you are using the APIs on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind that entity to the Terms and by accepting the Terms, you are doing so on behalf of that entity (and all references to "you" in the Terms refer to that entity).
- Registration: In order to access certain APIs, you may be required to provide certain information (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the APIs, or as part of your continued use of the APIs. Any registration information you give to 1LINK will always be accurate and up to date and you'll inform us promptly of any updates.
- Compliance with Law: You will comply with all applicable law, regulation, and third-party rights (including without limitation laws regarding the import or export of data or software, privacy, and local laws). You will not use the APIs to encourage or promote illegal activity or violation of third-party rights. You will not violate any other terms of service with 1LINK.
- The information you provided to 1LINK to access the Sandbox is accurate.
- 1LINK has no direct or indirect liability related to or arising from your use of the Sandbox, including 1LINK’s APIs.
- You will only access (or attempt to access) an API by the means described in the documentation of that API. If 1LINK assigns you developer credentials (e.g. client IDs), you must use them with the applicable APIs. You will not misrepresent or mask either your identity or your API Client's identity when using the APIs or developer accounts.
- 1LINK reserves all rights, titles, and interests in the Sandbox APIs (including any experimental APIs), the API documentation, and any software or source code provided to you by “1LINK” in connection with your use of the Sandbox. 1LINK is providing you with a limited license to use the Sandbox and related APIs solely for you to assess the feasibility of and your interest in using “1LINK’s”external API(s) in a production environment.
- The Sandbox is a test environment and is provided “as-is basis.” 1LINK makes no promises or claims as to the availability or uptime of the Sandbox. You may only use simulated, anonymous, non-live data when testing in the Sandbox. You may not use real customer data or real transactions and you shall be solely responsible for all liabilities and losses associated with failure to comply with such prohibition.
- 1LINK may monitor your use of APIs for the following purposes:
- to prevent fraud;
- to avoid congestion problems;
- to perform, evaluate and improve our APIs and API Services;
- if we have reasonable suspicion of fraud, misuse or any other violation of the law regarding your use of the APIs.
- While using the Sandbox, you will not:
- violate the law, including any (intellectual property) rights of 1LINK or others;
- hinder or damage the accessibility, functioning or security of our Developer portal
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent or render ineffective any applicable security measures of the Sandbox.
- Interfere with or disrupt the APIs or the servers or networks providing the APIs
- use the sandbox environment in a way causing 1LINK to be in violation of any law;
- you will not include (or enable or permit to be included), any spyware, malware, virus, worm, Trojan horse or other malicious or harmful code.
- negatively affect 1LINK’s business activities or reputation;
- Sublicense an API for use by a third party. Consequently, you will not create an API Client that functions substantially the same as the APIs and offer it for use by third parties.
- perform any security test (e.g. pen-testing), performance tests (e.g. load-testing), stress tests or similar tests on the Sandbox or Developer portal.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others
- rent, sell, lease, lend, convey, redistribute or otherwise provide any third party with use of the Sandbox, APIs or API materials.
- modify, decompile, reverse engineer, alter, tamper with or create derivative works of the Sandbox, APIs or API materials
- Use the APIs for any activities where the use or failure of the APIs could lead to death, personal injury, or environmental damage (such as the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, or life support systems)
1LINK sets and enforces limits on your use of the APIs (e.g. limiting the number of API requests that you may make or the number of users you may serve), in our sole discretion. You agree to, and will not attempt to circumvent, such limitations documented with each API. If you would like to use any API beyond these limits, you must obtain 1LINK's express consent (and 1LINK may decline such request or condition acceptance on your agreement to additional terms and/or charges for that use). To seek such approval, contact the relevant 1LINK API team for information (e.g. by using the 1LINK developers console).
d-API User Obligations and Responsibilities
- Each API User will carry out the processes associated with its role as set out in these Terms, the Operational Guidelines and the Standards. Each API User will be bound by and will be responsible for its obligations under these Terms until such time as the Terms are rescinded or replaced. 1LINK will not be responsible for the performance of any obligation or duty owed by any API User under these Terms.
- Each API User is responsible for ensuring that it has all it needs to access Open APIs and to perform its obligations under the Participation Conditions.
- Each API User is responsible for the operation and security of its Participant System and will:
- take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction by its agents or personnel of any computer viruses (including worms, trojan horses or other contaminants, and any code which can be used to access, modify, delete or damage any information or data, files or other computer programs) into any data or information made available through the APIs; and
- take any and all action reasonably required and which is within its power to exclude it from access to the Open APIs if it or anyone associated with it is engaging, knowingly or otherwise, in DOS or DDOS attacks or similar on the Open APIs.
- Each API User:
- agrees and acknowledges that they may be required to co-operate with the Regulators from time to time, or as required by applicable law, as part of their participation in the Open API Services;
- is required to develop their system in order to call the API in line with the Technical Standards;
e-Intellectual Property Rights
- No transfer of Intellectual Property Rights: 1LINK grants you, upon successful registration, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, royalty free and non-sublicensable right to use the Developer Portal for the term of your registration to the extent necessary and for the sole purpose of participating in the Developer Portal in accordance with and within the scope of these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that we are the owner of all the Intellectual Property Rights in material published on this Site (including for the avoidance of doubt any comments posted by other developers on the forums). All such rights are reserved.
f-Effectiveness of the Terms
- These Terms will be effective in respect of API Users when they first access the Open 1LINKing APIs.
- In participating in the Open API Services, no API User may specify any additional provisions, conditions or limitations to its participation and any additional provisions, conditions and/or limitations which are specified by any API User will be void and of no effect.
- You may stop using our APIs at any time with or without notice. Further, if you want to terminate the Terms, you must provide 1LINK with prior written notice and upon termination, cease your use of the applicable APIs. 1LINK reserves the right to terminate the Terms with you or discontinue the APIs or any portion or feature or your access thereto for any reason and at any time without liability or other obligation to you.
- 1LINK may terminate your registration and access to the Developer Portal and content at any time without prior notice. Your registration will automatically terminate if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, any rights which are granted to you for fair utilization under the Terms and Conditions will automatically cease.
h-No Warranties, Liability and Indemnification
- The Developer Portal and Sandbox environment are provided “as is basis” and use of the Developer Portal is entirely on your own risk. To the full extent permissible by law, we expressly disclaim all representations or warranties of any kind.
- 1LINK expressly disclaims from any liability, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of 1LINK’s Developer Portal, and/or any other websites whether or not the “1LINK” was aware of the possibility of such damages.
i-Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Each API User is responsible for ensuring that it, its subcontractors, agents, nominees and anyone carrying out its obligations under these Terms on its behalf, comply with any Applicable Law governing the access and use of Open Data.
- Nothing in the Participation Conditions will require an API User to perform any obligation or to take or omit taking any action that would place it in breach of any Applicable Law.
- Each API User will promptly provide, at its own cost and expense, all information within its possession or control that is reasonably requested by 1LINK, to enable 1LINK to comply with Applicable Law or to comply with an information request from a Regulator. All information disclosed by API Users will be subject to the obligations of confidentiality under the Participation Conditions
- In case any provision of these Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provision will not be affected.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to or shall create a partnership, agency, joint venture or co-owner relationship between 1LINK and you. You shall not have the authority to act in the name of or on 1LINK’s behalf to bind 1LINK regarding the other party/ies.
1LINK may at any time and in our sole discretion modify, replace or upgrade the functionality, contents or properties of the Portal to reflect changes to the law among others (or any APIs, API Materials contained within the Portal). Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than 15 days after they are posted. However, changes relating to new functions for an API or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you disagree with the modified Terms for an API, you should discontinue your use of the API. Your continued use of the API constitutes your acceptance of the modified Terms.
l-Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Each Party agrees that the Participation Conditions and the relationship between the Parties will be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with laws of Pakistan and that all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Participation Conditions and/or the API Services, and/or with the negotiation, validity or enforceability of any provision of the Participation Conditions, and/or the relationship between the Parties in relation to the subject matter of the Participation Conditions and/or the API Services, (in each case whether or not regarded as contractual claims) will be exclusively governed by and determined in accordance with laws of Pakistan and (subject to the Dispute Resolution Procedure) each Party expressly and irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Karachi, relation to all such disputes and any other claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Participation Conditions.